Contact us at any time with questions, comments and concerns. You can reach us at:
565 Eureka Way
Sequim, WA 98382
Welcome to Valley Dermatology!
The skin is the largest organ of the body. It's how we "face the world" and we all know that how we look impacts how we feel about ourselves. The skin also plays a major role in how we interact with the world around us through the sensation of touch. That's why our skin is so important and why healthy skin is something everybody deserves.
At Valley Dermatology we strive to achieve optimal skin health for our patients. The variety of problems we manage are widespread. Did you know the science of dermatology includes not only the skin, but the nails and hair, too?
Dr. Claire Haycox also performs Mohs Micrographic surgery. She is a fellow of the American Society of Mohs Surgery. She has completed special training in Mohs surgery. A technique developed in the 1930's by Dr. Frederic Mohs at the University of Wisconsin, Mohs surgery differs from other skin cancer treatments in that it permits immediate and complete microscopic examination of the removed cancerous tissues, so that all the "roots" and extensions of the cancer can be eliminated. Mohs surgery has been recognized as the skin cancer treatment with the highest reported cure rate.
A partial list of skin problems and conditions we see and treat on a daily basis:
|• Skin cancer & Skin cancer screening • Melanoma • Psoriasis
• Eczema & Atopic dermatitis • Acne & Rosacea
• Bacterial infections of the skin • Insect bites
• Viral infections of the skin (e.g., warts, herpes, molluscum, shingles)
• Fungal infections of the skin (e.g., ringworm)
• Nail problems incuding fungal nail infections
• Hair & scalp problems (alopecia) • Chronic wounds and leg ulcers
• Cysts and other benign (non-cancerous) skin lesions
• Infestations of the skin (e.g., scabies, lice)
We also perform skin surgery to remove skin cancer, melanomas and non-cancerous skin lesions.